200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh
Spirit Yoga Foundation (SYF) is led by a group of experienced yoga masters and trainers with a passion for Yoga and its applicability in the growing world of health, fitness and spiritualism. We are providing 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India (Certified by Yoga Alliance U.S.A.).
To become a certified Yoga teacher/instructor join our yoga retreat courses, We are located in Rishikesh, India.
- Spirit Yoga Foundation offers affordable and concise Hatha Yoga Teacher Training.
- The 200 hours course is accredited internationally.
- Ancient Yogic practices like Moolasanas, ShatkarmaKriyas, Specific Pranayamas, Bandhas, Mudras, Consciousness meditation and Vedic philosophical treatises are taught by experienced yoga masters and teachers.
- The course provided is inclusive of board and lodge which enables the student practitioner to fully imbibe the theoretical and practical aspects
- Karmic engagement exercise specific to chosen rural site. (Returning to the source, in kind.)
- By the end of the course the student will need to fulfill an exam and will become proficient in Diet and Nutrition, Meditative techniques, Yoga asanas and their applications, Holistic lifestyle choices.
200 Hours Program Details
05:30 Am : Wake up call
06:00 Am to 07:00 Am : Yagya-Fire ceremony (cleansing ritual)
07:15 Am to 09:00 Am : Hatha Yoga Asana Series &Pranayam & Meditation
9:00 Am to 09:30 Am : Breakfast
09:30 Am to 10:30 Am : Lecture
10:30 Am to 11:30 Am : Lecture
11:30 Am to 12:30 Pm : Technical discourse Followed by Meditation
12:30 Pm to 01:30 Pm : Lunch time
01:30 Pm to 03:00 Pm : Free time
03:00 Pm to 03:15 Pm : Tea time
03:15 Pm to 04:00 Pm : Lecture
04:00 Pm to 06:30 Pm : Hatha Yoga Asana Series ,Pranayam , Meditation& Preparatory practices
06:30 Pm to 07:30 Pm : Free time
07:30 Pm to 08:30 Pm : Dinner
Course Fee Per Person
|SN NO.||Room Occupancy||In US dollars|
|1||Single person Occupancy (Single room)||US$ 2299|
|2||Twin Sharing Occupancy (Twin room)||US$ 1899 per person|
Note :- For above course advanced booking fee will be US$ 500 per person per course, which can be paid online through your credit card or via bank transfer to our account.
Early Bird Promotion (Up to 15% discount)
Book early and save more! Make your reservation 60 days or above in advance to enjoy extra discount on the "Best Available Rates".
200 Hours Course ( 4 weeks ) Booking Schedule
The objective of SYF is to provide the best possible atmosphere for yogic techniques
|SN NO.||Schedule For 200 Hrs / 4 Weeks Course/th>||Status|
|1||From 1st Apr 2017 to 28th Apr 2017||Registration Closed|
|2||From 1st May 2017 to 28th May 2017||Registration Closed|
|3||From 1st June 2017 to 28th June 2017||Registration Closed|
|4||From 1st July 2017 to 28th July 2017||Registration Closed|
|5||From 1st Aug 2017 to 28th Aug 2017||Registration Closed|
|6||From 1st Sept 2017 to 28th Sept 2017||Registration Open|
|7||From 1st Oct 2017 to 28th Oct 2017||Registration Open|
|8||From 1st Nov 2017 to 28th Nov 2017||Registration Open|
|9||From 1st Dec 2017 to 28th Dec 2017||Registration Open|
|10||From 1st Jan 2018 to 28th Jan 2018||Registration Open|
|11||From 1st Feb 2018 to 28th Feb 2018||Registration Open|
Total Seats : 30 Students
The SYF 200-Hour Yoga Course Module contains researched material with insightful applications of Yoga in the human organism and its environment, particularly in modern times. The course will enable student practitioners to return to their respective countries with an established focus on Hatha Yoga principles and its applicability in holistic life.
- Preparatory practices – Importance of unlocking the environs-psychic, mental/emotional, spiritual, physical capabilities.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology with relevance to Yoga.
- Benefits of Yoga practices towards the mental, emotional mind.
- Benefits of Yoga on the psychic, spiritual mind.
- Chakras and subtle body anatomy.
- Health and nutrition for the Yoga practitioner.
Introduction to specifics:
- 1. Pranayama
- 2. Shatkarma
- 3. Asana
- 4. Bandh
- 5. Mudra
- 6. Meditation – Insights into Passive and Dynamic aspects of meditation.
- Kundalini awakening techniques, Naad Yoga, Chakra ignition.
- Intelligence, Intuition, Cosmic powers.
Theory of “Five”-
- 1. Five elements
- 2. Five physical senses
- 3. Five vital Airs
- 4. Five Sheaths over soul
- 5. Five causes of disease and suffering.
Branches of Yoga
- 1. Hatha
- 2. Mantra
- 3. Gyan
- 4. Bhakti
- 5. Karma
- 6. Kriya
- 7. Raj
- 8. Ashtanga Yoga of Patanjali
Vedic Philosophy and its relevance to Yoga.
Derived from the Vedas, Upnanishads, Puranas, ShriBhagwadGeeta.
SYF lays emphasis on the foundational training of the physical body in Hatha Yoga to clear all impediments towards spiritual progress. Establishing an agile and well-aligned body with a yogic mind.
The key aspects formulating the programme revolve around Pranayama, Asanas, Bandhas, Mudras, Meditation, Shatkarankriyas.
SYF Yoga Training concepts are tightly bound with ancient traditions as practiced by yogis of the past maintaining its flow of knowledge uncompromised by passage of time and modernity.
Hatha Yoga is the mother of all yogic schools, which have diversified from the original form owing to needs and differences. Hatha Yoga represents the essence of Yoga and can never become seconded to any other diversified yoga.
Asanas(totaling 120 postures)
- Pawanmukta (joint) part 1asanas
- Pawanmukta (joint) part 2asanas
- Eye asanas
- Standing asanas
- Surya Namashkar (Sun salutation) asanas
- Padmaasana group (Lotus) asanas
- Backward bendingasanas
- Forward bending asanas
- Spinal twist asanas
- Inverted asanas
- Balancing asanas
Extra advantageous benefits
- Unlocking of joints and establishing suppleness in “contact stretching” for 45 minutes prior to asanas.
- Psychic and Pranic healing for specific students where deemed required for establishment in correct proficiency of training.
- Training in Laughter Yoga.
- Classes in Yoga Psychology for stress management and emotional dissolution yoga.
The breath is utilized to energize the physical body aligning with its subtle chargeuniting cellular structure and “pranic” flow in harmony with the asanas prescribed. Thus a shift from consciousness to super consciousness occurs. Kriya Yoga unifies physical elements with the spirit using inhalation, exhalation and withholding. This is the fundamental of Pranayama techniques, which is key in the practice of Yoga and meditation.
- AnulomaViloma (alternate nostril breathing)
- Ujjaiyi (Psychic breath)
- Surya and Chandra Bheda
- Bhastrika and Bhramari (Bellows breath/ Humming breath)
- Sitali and Sitkari (Cooling breath/Hissing breath)
- Samanu (psychic cleansing of nadis)
The word “Bandha” means to lock or block redirecting the course of energy into the SushumnaNadi running through the center of the spinal chord. These bandhasinvigorate the pranic or auric body minimizing dissipation. Immeasurable physically this manifests as joy, intelligence, awareness, intuition and charisma.Bandhas act mainly on psychic knots. First knot is for procreation, the second for digestion and metabolism, the third knot for mental and intuitive capabilities. These knots correlate as the chakras on the spinal column. Bandhas awaken the chakras enabling the ascent of the “Kundalini Shakti” or latent serpent energy located at the base of the spine. Kundalini energy is pivotal in spiritual awakening.
- Jalandhar Bandha
- Uddiyan Bandha
- Mool Bandha
Mudras are vital hand gestures, which are quite different to asanas. Mudras regulate equanimity and stabilize mind and attitude by deepening awareness and concentration. Mudras merge pranic energies with cosmic energies. Mudras bestow “siddhis” or occult powers to its serious practitioners. These are bestowed after the student has learnt asanas and bandhas. Mudras work with subtle consciousness. Though there are a number of mudras, the ones specific to the YSF program are as under.
|Jaana Mudra||Psychic Gestude of Knowledge|
|Chin Mudra||Psychic Gesture of Consciousness|
|Yogi Mudra||Attitude of the Womb or Source|
|Bhairrava Mudra||Fierce or Terrifying Attitude|
|Shambhavi Mudra||Eyebrow Center Gazing|
The word Shatkarm translates as “Six actions.” Shatkarms are a group of six actions used to purify the vital functions of the body.
Shatkarm is used prior to pranayama and other subtle yoga practices. They rid the body of toxins and balance the three humors established in Ayurveda as Vata, Pitta and Kapha. This paves the way for a strong body with strong mental faculties most necessary to bear the rigors of yoga practice and meditation. Shatkarmkriyascan never be learnt without the guidance of a capable guru. The following Shatkarmkriyas are taught in the YSF program.
- JalaNeeti- Passing water through nostrils.
- Sutra Neeti- Passing chord through nostrils.
- KunjalKriya – Purging the stomach using water
- Dhauti (Vamana) Series of cleansing techniques
- Nauli – Detoxing the organs and strengthening the core.
- KapalBhati- Deep Abdominal breathing
- Agnisara – Activation of digestive fire
- Tratak – Mind cleansing by focusing on a flame for stilling the mind.
Meditation can be broadly classified under two categories namely passive and dynamic. In the passive the mind is stilled to non-activity of thought whereas in the dynamic form the mind is supplied with thought activity engrossing it in such a manner that the subconscious mind is unshackled to accesses the super-conscious states leading to elevated levels of wisdom cognizance.
“Om Alankar” and mantra chanting is also used in our prescribed meditation practices to inspire and encourage the “sadhak” or student to progress into progressive meditative states.
Accommodation and meals are included in the course fee for the entire duration of the training course. Accommodation has options of twin and single person occupancy with amenities like attached toilets, hot and cold water, Reverse Osmosis drinking water, etc. Meals include Early Morning Tea/snacks, Breakfast Lunch Evening Tea/snacks and Dinner. Our courses will be held at Rishikesh.
- A bag to keep the study material.
- Course Manual and Books on Yoga for self study.
- Note book and required stationary.
- Neti lota
- Kurta Pyjama ( 2 Sets ).
- Yoga Mat
- Yogic Cleansing Process material.
- Rudraksha Mala.
- Spatic Mala
One Week Yoga Internship at Mountain Villages
Spirit Yoga Foundation (SYF) offers yoga internship for our own yoga students in the Devbhoomi's villages. We are providing one-week yoga internship at the mountain villages where they will get practical experience and get an opportunity to directly interact with local community.