Pranayama is Way of Yogic Breathing
Breathing is external manifestation of vital force which you call consciousness
In normal lifestyle, you breathe unconsciously. But when you start breathing consciously, it becomes pranayama. The inhalation and exhalation occur in organized and systematic way to infuse new spirit in your life. The place, surroundings, and role of guru are essential components of yogic breathing.
All the creations of this universe like stars, sun; moon which you see from your own eyes is manifestation of the same subtle life force which you inhale during yogic breathing. Cells are changed with new breathing (new prana). The correct breathing technique can recharge your body with new spirit.
You are aware of your body only. But your real identity lies in subtle nature. Yoga says feel the spiritual nature of your breathing. The breathing awareness means control of subtle energy, which control all senses. The senses and the mind require engagements, which all yoga school speaks about.
- Become the master of your senses by breath control
- It leads you to advance spiritual experiences
- The yogic breathing is best stress-buster
- Breath means inhaling life and exhaling mortality
- Benefits of yogic breathing is primarily told in yoga course
- Pranayama is fourth limb of Ashtanga Yoga
How Breath & Life are interrelated?
Prana is your life. Breath and life are eternally part and parcel of every individual living entity. Both of them are related to each other as sun and light. All different species of life are moving, eating or sleeping due to the same subtle life force.
The self-illuminating light is silently sitting in everyone’s heart as the prana shakti. It is the source of every big or small creation, including you. Feel your divinity and spiritual nature with subtle energy entering your body through nostrils.
There is harmony and perfect balance in all the expansion and contraction activities of the universe. You are conscious because of your prana which is subtle part of cosmic energy. Hatha yoga course focus on body and yogic breathing.
- All creation represent different forms of life
- Prana is the source of all life in this planet
- Feel the presence of vital force in all creations
- You can raise your prana through pranayama
- Expand your inner power of yogic breathing
- Yoga course gives an inside of pranayama
Energy of Consciousness
Prana is a Sanskrit word which means a force in constant motion. It is the vital force by which you take various actions including mental activity. You need control of breathing to control this vital energy to bring divinity in your life.
You need constant breathing to preserve your life. The stopping of breath means end of life. In normal breathing, you needn’t any force or art. Even a mad takes breath, albeit unconsciously. But try to understand the subtle force behind it.
Only a hatha yogi can stop his heart beat as long as he remains in a state of Samadhi. At that time, he only loses his physical consciousness. For deeper understanding, the various pranayama courses can solve the purpose.
- You need pranayama to control the vital energy
- No cosmic life is possible without prana
- You can utilize it consciously for spiritual development
- Prana is more active & powerful than your mind
- By using intelligently, you can achieve anything in life
- In subtle form, nadis (astral tubes) carry pranic currents
Breath and Mind
Control of breath purifies the subtle channel carrying the vital energy. It makes the mind purer, firm and steady and thereby makes it suitable for attention, concentration and meditation. A controlled mind means controlled breath.
Cultivate your own sense of individuality by aligning mind and act of breathing in same dimension. Mind and prana are strongly connected with and controlled by each other. Pranayama is followed by meditation, a state of deep concentration.
In yoga & meditation, all courses focus on balanced breathing techniques. The object of pranayama is to control the vital energy (prana). Pranayama is fourth limb of Ashtanga Yoga which works on the technique of stopping the breath.
- Transcendental knowledge comes when you control breath
- Work on your prana to reach higher consciousness
- You become aware of subtle forces of mind
- A hatha yogi control his mind by controlling prana
- A raja yogi controls the fickleness of mind by meditation
- You reach to different levels of your existence
The subtle life force manifests itself in breathing which provides energy to different organs of the body and also controls many vital life processes like circulation, respiration etc.