40 Minutes Yoga for Beginners – Spirit Yoga Foundation
Yoga is a spiritual science in purest form. You can practice in the privacy of your room. It invigorates your tiring spirit. If you start your day with yoga learning at home, the whole day you will remain energetic with balance of mind & body.
It will benefit you in two dimensions, spiritually & physically. It will strengthen, relax and stretch your tired muscles & bones and bring peace & bliss in mental level. Any person can practice in the cozy environment of home.
Even 40 minute yoga for absolute beginners can reap spiritual fruits. In this yoga learning session, do asana, pranayama & meditation to see miracles in your life. See many positive changes in your life by simply doing hatha yoga course.
Your daily yoga module includes:
- 20 minutes yoga asanas
- 10 minutes pranayama
- 10 minutes light meditation
How to Start 20 Minutes Asana
Your stomach should be empty before breakfast or evening time. Asana is not rapid exercise or adventure sport. It is simple game of mind with relaxation in physical & mental level. The basic yoga course starts with comfortable pose.
You can buy your personal yoga mat and choose the fixed place for practice, either in home or at any yoga school. Light music in the background soothes the mind. You can wear pure cotton yoga dress. It should be comfortable.
Joint Exercise: It’s like start-up for first-timers. It opens up gently all the major joints and soothes the muscles of the body. It removes the stiffness and tightness of joints and muscles. It improves the back pain and joint pain. It also improves your bad posture. Do 10 rounds of each joint exercise.
- Toe-bending: Move both toes slowly backward & forward
- Ankle bending: Rotate both feet together (not knees)
- Ankle rotation: Rotate one foot while holding other
- Knee bending: Bend the knees keeping heels above floor
- Full-butterfly: Gently move the knees up & down towards floor
- Neck rotation: Gently move your neck clockwise & anticlockwise
- Wrist rotation: Rotate the fists together in same direction
- Half-butterfly: Gently push knee down with no trunk movement
- Leg lock pose: Bend & bring both knees to the chest
- Cycling: Move your knees and do cycling in lying position
Sun-salutation: It’s a 12 asana series. You have to focus on breath on each asana. It improves the blood circulation including stretching, warm-up and joint exercise. It regulates the excess weight.
- Six-rounds of each asana is must
- 15 seconds hold breath in each asana
- It’s a perfect cardio-vascular exercise
- Avoid forward bending if back pain
- If time allows, practice more than six rounds
Cobra Pose (Bhunjanazxsana): Lie flat on your stomach. Bring legs close together. Place hands under your shoulders, while keeping elbows parallel. Uplift your head, chest & abdomen. Your navel and below portion should be on the floor.
- It improves the functioning of liver & kidney
- It tones the genitals of male & female
- It eases your back pain gently
- It tones the spine and expands chest
Palm Tree Pose (Tadasana)
Stand erect with feet together. Allocate your body weight equally in entire body. Uplift your arms over your head. Interlock the fingers and turn palms upwards. Raise your heels and inhale while stretching arms.
- It improves your balancing posture
- It removes all stiffness in spinal cord
- It tones the abdominal muscles
- Improves the strength of the bones
Swaying Palm Tree Pose (Tiryak Tadasana)
Stand with legs with comfortably apart. Raise your arms with interlock fingers and stretch upwards. Slightly bend to right side from your waist. Remain in this position for few seconds. Repeat on left side too.
- It tones up your waist muscle
- Best for your body posture & balance
- It revitalizes your energy level
- Eases the back pain by strengthening spine
Waist Rotating Pose (Kati Chakrasana)
Yoga at home can be started with kati chakrasana. Stand erect with feet slightly apart. Twist your body at right. Move left hand to right shoulder and right hand around the left side of waist. Return to original position and repeat on other side.
- Improves your tired posture
- Eases your physical & mental blockages
- Gives relief to back stiffness
- Tones up the neck, shoulders & waist
Nadi Sodhan Pranayama
In hatha yoga, yogis flag-off inner journey with inner purification. Practice alternate nostril breathing for 10 minutes. Sit in any comfortable pose with erect back & neck. Inhale from left nostril and exhale from right. Repeat the same from right nostril. This is best inner purification for beginners doing yoga.
- Charges your body with more oxygen
- Develops your immune system
- Eliminates toxins from your body
- Relaxes the mind & made fit for meditation
In yoga teachers training course, silence meditation is integral part of it. It’s comprehensive yoga relaxation in a most natural way. Stay in focus on your breath for 10 minutes. Gently inhale & exhale. Use eye-shade and ear-plug to disconnect from outer world. Practice in dark room. One can do it before going to bed, which will improve your sleep disorder.
- All negativity expel out from body
- Soothes all the anxiety & nervousness
- Instant peace, well-being & cheerful mood
- Connect with your origins and infinite energy